Building Better Business in the Hunter
We are hiring
The Hub is an award-winning not-for-profit business advice, training and services organisation based at Kurri Kurri and supporting businesses of the Hunter Valley for over 28 years. With the expansion of the Australian Small Business Advisory Service (ASBAS) program which delivers digital solutions to businesses, this is a unique opportunity to be part of our team of award winning business advisors, to provide support to small businesses across the Hunter and Central Coast regions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, who is passionate about helping small businesses, is innovative and thinks differently when dealing with our clients and who can work as part of an effective team. You will have strong knowledge of the local business environment and networks in the Hunter and/or Central Coast, experience in small business and skills in mentoring and/or consulting. Additional hours may be available from time to time with other programs.
As a casual Business Advisor working 2-5 days per week depending on demand and budget constraints (average expected to be 2 – 3 days), you will:
- Deliver business advisory services to potential and existing small businesses through face to face meetings, online meetings, group advisory sessions or workshops.
- Assess client needs using diagnostic tools, report outcomes, results and create action plans.
- Conduct regular follow up contact with clients through a range of mediums, provide referrals and respond to client enquiries, including scheduling appointments.
- Attend training, networking functions, events and conferences, out of normal working hours, which will be included in your weekly hours.
- Deliver excellent customer service with every contact.
- Market and promote the service, including social media platforms.
- Respond appropriately to client feedback and ensure that client expectations are met.
- Must be self-driven, creative, resourceful and be able to communicate and empathise with business operators of all levels.
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to work to targets.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Practical experience running a micro/small/medium business
- A minimum 2 years’ experience providing business advice, including digital to small business
- Formal qualification in a business or information technology
- Management, consulting or advisory experience
- Up to date knowledge on finance, marketing & sales
- Be able to provide advice on:
- Websites and selling online
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Using Business Software
- Online Security & Data Privacy
- Strategic thinker who can assist with business planning both strategic and operational, as well as business continuity, financial acumen and marketing.
You will also be required to source your clients and meet key performance objectives.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you are the right person to join our team.
Enquiries can be directed to Kerry on 4936 2557 or Kimberlie on 0477 881 799.
Preferred applicants will be contacted for an initial telephone interview. Only direct applications will be considered (no recruitment agencies).
Hunter Region Business Hub is committed to
protecting and supporting its staff and clients during this difficult time.
Please remember, we are all in this together and we are all equally responsible for our actions and recognize the need to be proactive for everyone’s health, and to be kind and patient with everyone.
Another good idea is for you and your staff to undertake Infection Control Training – Covid19.
Hub staff have already completed this.
The link is https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covid-19-infection-control-training and only takes about 30 minutes.
To ensure everyone’s safety we have implemented the following measures
- At this stage all staff are working from home
- One to one appointments are being held via Zoom or over the phone – if you don’t know how to use Zoom please advise us prior to your appointment and we will help you set Zoom up.
- Clients are limited to 1 hour per week for one to one digital business solutions appointments, but we have waived the subsidized fee for this critical time, meaning it will be free until further notice
- All workshops have now moved to online via Zoom, for everyone’s safety while allowing you to continue learning. Please advise us prior to the workshop if you don’t know how to use Zoom and we’ll help you set it up
We also urge you to make sure you’re using reliable websites for your facts. This will keep your information current and factual and help to allay any unfounded fears. For example:
https://www.ato.gov.au/ (business and individual)
Above all – be sensible and stay safe.
THE HUNTER REGION BUSINESS HUB
The Hunter Region Business Hub is one of over 30 BEC’s that operate nationally to provide new and existing micro, small and medium business clients with practical assistance in business planning, advice on marketing, budgeting and cash flow.
The assistance offered by the Hub is independent and confidential. Fees are cost-effective and affordable. Hunter Region Business Hub can assist in the areas of the establishment of new small business enterprises and existing small to medium enterprises who are experiencing issues, want to grow , or just want to be better.
Need to expand your home office, relocating or downsizing? Why not consider Hunter Region Business Hub. The Hub is centrally located in the Hunter Valley and is close to the Hunter Expressway.
- Centrally located ½ hour to Newcastle and Singleton and 15 minutes to Maitland and Cessnock, close to Hunter Expressway
- Furnished or unfurnished
- Air conditioned and carpeted
- Cost effective monthly fee includes electricity, rates, cleaning, security, council and water rates
- Subsidised rents – conditions apply
- Free off street parking for you, your staff and clients
WHAT’S HAPPENING AROUND THE HUNTER REGION BUSINESS HUB
a selection of our member businesses
Executive Personnel Solutions are Virtual Assistants based in the Hunter Valley NSW, providing virtual support to businesses Australia wide. Whether your interested in outsourcing your admin, social media or need one off assistance we are here to help and allow you more time to focus on the core of your business. We offer a range of services and are here to help you make the most of every opportunity – offering an affordable option …
Hunter Vineyard Cleaning has over 20 years experience in commercial cleaning providing a high quality service with attention to detail. Our service is offered at competitive rates and specializes in small business office cleaning. To find out more information please visit our website at www.huntervineyardcleaning.com or ask for a free no obligation quote.
John Lechner Art specialises in large format glass prints featuring nature at it’s most beautiful moments. John Lechner Art services business and government with corporate art that is both beautiful and therapeutic. We currently focus on the medical industry, hospitals, nursing homes, medical practices and more. In addition we work with SMEs who are attentive to the needs of their team by providing a great workspace.”
McAllister Legal Services is a legal office owned and run by Lee- Anne McAllister who has been practicing in Kurri Kurri for over 18 years. Their main areas of expertise are : Fixed Fee Conveyancing and property matters Business sales and purchases Wills, Probate and Estates Powers of Attorney and Guardianship’s Family Law (Legal Aid also available) Leasing Mortgages Debt Recovery Local Court Matters, including criminal and driving matters, and AVO’s JP available during office …
Network ICT Pty Ltd is a locally owned business, We keep the Hunter Valley connected with managed business grade network solutions. Our customers enjoy a smooth transition onto the NBN with improved services, local support and often savings of up to 50%. Network ICT are the Hunter Valley’s ICT and NBN specialists, we offer the following services: Fully integrated voice and data networks NBN ready telephone systems Business grade managed NBN solutions High-speed fibre optic, copper and …
Survivor’s R Us Incorporated is a recently founded charity that supports the fight against domestic violence, homelessness and unemployment. We help Men, Women and Children, by getting them into refuges to keep them safe; we also supply food hampers, clothing, dignity bags and toys for families who have nothing or have lost everything. If you or someone you know needs help, we want to provide that help. In life it never hurts to ask ‘are …